TEN TIPS GUARANTEED TO IMPROVE YOUR STARTUP SUCCESS
With a large number of start-ups happening, making a start-up a success is easier said than done. Here are 10 key tips by Anil Dash to help increase the odds of start-up success.
- Be raised with access to clean drinking water and sanitation. (Every tech billionaire I’ve ever spoken to has a toilet!)
- Try to be born in a region that is politically and militarily stable.
- Grow up with a family that is as steady and secure as possible.
- Have access to at least a basic free education in core subjects.
- Avoid being abused by family members, loved ones, friends or acquaintances during the formative years of your life.
- Be fluent in English, or have time to dedicate to continuously improving your language skills.
- Make sure there’s enough disposable income available to support your learning technology at a younger age.
- If you must be a member of an underrepresented community or a woman, get comfortable with suppressing your identity. If not, follow a numbingly conventional definition of dominant masculinity.
- Be within a narrow range of physical norms for appearance and ability, as defined by the comfort level of strangers.
- Practice articulating your cultural, technological or social aspirations exclusively in economic terms.
Anil Dash is an “entrepreneur, writer and geek” from New York City who has been ahead of the game blogging and writing about the impact of technology on culture, media, government, society, and business since 1999! Read his full bio here and make sure to check out his website dashes.com.